(*all pictures are mine)
A haunting is something that remains in the consciousness and something that lingers. We can also relate a haunting to something that visits habitually or appears frequently.
I have made four categories that can break down the elements of a haunting.
So we understand the categories of a haunting, now we need to look at the specific tiers of a haunting.
- Tier 1 haunting - lowest level haunting - smells, cold or hot spots, quiet noises, foot steps, (dismiss-able)
- Tier 2 haunting - mid level haunting - louder noises, light objects moving
- Tier 3 haunting - advanced haunting - visuals, audible voices, heavy objects moving
- Tier 4 haunting - extreme haunting - possession
NOTE: In tier 1 the term dismiss-able is used, its because this level of haunting might be so infrequent, or explained away to be something else.
Now we look at different types of hauntings
NOTE: Elemental is a type that isn't heard about to often. These are just spirits who directly relate to or manipulate a specific element. I dont mention this in my hauntings episode, but will do a whole episode on elementals.
Earth, Air, Water, Fire.
We have to take a scientific aproach to the supernatural amd its best to look at spirot energy manipulation.
Then we look at what makes up a spirit.
Things that potentially cause a haunting
- unfinished buisness
- tragic death
- traumatic death
- own agenda
- possession/finding a host
Where to find a haunting
A haunting can literally be any where but these are the key locations most likley to have a haunting
- places of tragedy
- places that experience high trauma
- cursed areas
- blessed areas
These item categories are the most common and encompass the wide range of things to have a spirit connection.
- dolls/stuffed animals
- personal items
Getting rid of an unwanted haunting
- "Go away" simply telling the spirit to leave works well.
- stand your ground/dont back down
- palo santo
- Exorcism (extreme cases)